SUNY College at Old Westbury’s Office of Public & Media Relations is seeking applications from qualified candidates for its Spring 2017 communications intern position. The candidate selected must be registered for an internship course through the College, and will earn four academic credits for the semester-long internship.
The intern will work from the Office of Public & Media Relations in the Campus Center, providing direct support to the Marketing Communications and Publications team.
Qualifications: Must be enrolled in an Internship or Field Experience course to earn course credit.
* Looking for an Old Westbury student who is interested in communications and/or marketing and has a strong desire to hone their writing skills.
* Highly motivated with proficiency in online media and social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Flickr.
* Excellent communication skills with keen attention to detail and deadlines.
* Desire to learn, take initiative, and work independently.
* Outstanding organizational skills.
Must submit resume; for assistance, visit Career Planning & Development if necessary.
Description: The intern will assist with public relations, marketing and other strategic communication functions that help manage relationships among its internal and external audiences. The intern will report directly to a designated member of the staff for supervision purposes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Write, proofread, and edit public relations, advertising, and marketing materials (press releases, web features, etc.) about faculty and/or student accomplishments, significant events, and other newsworthy items.
* Assist with developing content for the school’s website
* Create content, and monitor social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
* Conduct research and stay up-to-date with industry news
* Conceptualize buzz-generating social media marketing ideas
* Coordinate student focus groups, photo shoots, etc. as needed
Application: Send electronic resume to Danielle Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org