The English Department is proud to introduce The Dr. Cornelia Pinnock Scholarship Award
- Write an essay of 500 words or more that explores the theme of “Transformations in Writing.”
- Possible topic ideas include, but are not limited to:
- a life-changing experience
- how writing has transformed you as a person
- how you have transformed yourself into a writer
- how to transform your writing through revision, editing, peer workshopping, etc.
- Student must currently be enrolled in a section of English Composition I or II.
- Do not write your name anywhere on the essay itself. In the body of the email, write your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, the name of the English Composition I and II course in which you are currently enrolled, and the title of your essay. Attach the essay to the email. In the email subject line, write your last name and Pinnock Memorial Essay
- Submit electronically to Dr. Torrell, Chair of English, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013
The winner of this $100 prize will be announced in April
Click here to see our flyer: Pinnock Memorial Scholarship Award Flyer_S13